Saturday 26 January 2013

Big Yummy Fruity Cookies



My Big Yummy Double Chocolate Cookies were such a success (on several occasions) that when my friend and baking assessor/mentor Rodina came to visit I just had to roll the recipe out. This time though I tried it out with a plain mixture and a mix of dried cherries, cranberries and blueberries.

Method 
Same as before. Although this time I got cocky and didn’t look at the book as much. So after creaming the butter and sugar together, the egg and the dry ingredients all went in together. I was in a bit of a panic when I realised but it was all ok in the end.

Results 
Tasty cookies! They still were really good. However, I used the same weight of fruit as chocolate chips and I think this meant there was too much volume. In each cookie bite you didn’t get much cookie flavour as the fruit overpowered it all. Rodina was impressed and has taken the recipe to bake at home.

Score: 8/10

Soundtrack: A random mix of pop music from Rodina’s Iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment