Sunday 16 June 2013

Toblerone Chocolate Brownies



Looking at my list of basics I decided it was time to have another go at my baking nemesis – chocolate brownies. I have never been able to make Brownies from scratch that are the right consistency. They are either too cakey or far too gooey. This blog is a mash up of my two attempts this week – one followed where I a basic recipe and the second where I used Toblerone instead of normal chocolate.

Method
First I melted butter, dark chocolate and milk chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Dark and light brown sugar was mixed into this melted mixture. After it had cooled a little I added 3 whisked eggs and then plain flour. After pouring into the tin I scattered chocolate chips or chopped up Toblerone on top. The Brownie was in the oven for about 25 mins.

Results
I still don’t have this recipe down. I think the recipe is good and it’s the cooking time that is my downfall. The second set was a little softer than the first (these were quite dry) but I still think that they needed less time in the oven. I am not very good at remembering the time that I put things in the oven – I have bought a timer from e-bay in an attempt to improve this! I will be baking these Brownies until I get them just right.

I made these Brownies as part of a fathers’ day present and my Dad said they were nice so that’s the main thing :)

Score: 4.5/10

Soundtrack: Various Jessie J

No comments:

Post a Comment