Friday 6 June 2014

A Cakey Update

Since finishing my mammoth baking year I have been doing less baking and more of other things. But I haven’t given up completely. Here is a roundup of what I’ve made in the oven since March:

Luilakbollen (Lazybones Buns)
These came from a recipe from the Netherlands in the Hairy Bikers’ Big Book of Baking. I made these with my friend Josie whose Grandfather is Dutch (although she had never heard of them before). These spicy, fruity bread buns smelt amazing and were lovely warm with melted butter. When they cooled down they were less yummy so I repurposed them into a bread and butter pudding!

Chocolate Lollies
A trip to the flagship Lakeland shop in Windemere ended with my buying lots of baking goodies including a kit to make some chocolate lollies. These turned out ok but I used quite cheap chocolate and so the consistency after melting and resetting was a bit odd.

Giant Cup Cake
It was a colleague’s birthday in April and so I decided to flex my baking skills. This time I made and iced a giant sponge cupcake (made using a special shaped tin). Although this went off to her party, it certainly looked impressive.

Edible Campfires
Not technically baking as such but I wanted to share the awesome creations that my Brownies made at their recent sleepover. These were incredibly lifelike but totally edible with matchmaker logs, digestive biscuit bases, and sweetie and icing fire and stones.

As well as continuing to bake and make some "baubles" I also hope that I can use this blog to put up some updates on my other exciting adventure. More to follow...

(Hint: Look in the top navigation bar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment