Sunday 9 December 2012

Dr. Oetker Double Chocolate Brownies



So I admit that this one is a big old cheat. I had a box of Brownie Mix in my cupboard that was just crying out to be made up on a cold Sunday afternoon in December. Whenever I have tried to make brownies from scratch they have never ever turned out right so I have always used packet mixes as they usually end up, just about, better than any of my solo attempts. So I suppose you could call this a review rather than a straight up, skills improving, bake.

I followed the instructions on the back of the box (add water, egg & oil, mix, add chocolate chips) and added some of my own white chips for good measure. Then it’s into the silicon baking tray and into the oven. The mixture was very thick but there wasn’t much of it and it was only about 1 – 2 cm deep in the tin. I wanted quite a firm brownie so I left it in for the full 25 minutes. After it had totally cooled I added my last bit of ‘personalisation’. I had a lot of cake topping left from last week’s buns so I covered the top with that.

The brownies turned out pretty well; very thin and very chewy but also very chocolatey and very yummy. They might be a bit sickly sweet for some people’s taste but I think that just means a little bit goes a long way!

Score: No score this time as no real skill was involved!

Soundtrack: Talk That Talk, Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment