Friday 20 December 2013

Finished!

This week was my 26th Birthday. As well as being another year older it meant that I am no longer a member of “The Senior Section” and am now just a plain old adult leader in the land of Girlguiding.

However, more excitingly it meant that I had reached my deadline for completing the Queen’s Guide Award and guess what? - I’ve only gone and managed it!

This means that since October 2013 I have:

Baked 56 bakes and spent more than 69 hours baking, researching and blogging…

...Spoken to over 180 people about organ donation, given out nearly 200 leaflets and 40 posters, and written 10 facts sheets about the cause…

...Kept 4 strangers entertained for 3 days while getting my Senior Section Permit despite of the snow...

...Sourced 4 Brownie fancy dress outfits and reviewed 90 bands, artists, shops and foods at Solfest 2013...

...Gained my Leadership Qualification, became a Brown Owl and attended 34 Brownie sessions and 5 Senior Section meetings...

...Spent 5 nights in Berlin in charge of 17 Rangers (giving out countless numbers of plasters and bottles of water)...

...Organised seaside crafts for hundreds of soggy Brownies...

...Dreamt up loads of ideas and suggestions to shape the future of guiding at Innovate...

And done so many other things that aren’t directly related to the award that I wouldn’t have done if I hadn’t taken on the challenge.

But most of all I have met some amazing, welcoming people that have helped me in so many ways I can’t even count.

So I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of these people and hope that my Guiding adventure continues to be as rewarding and as fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment