Thursday 5 December 2013

Snowy Winter Fudge


It’s December and that means only one thing – it’s time for Christmas baking. Christmas is the best time of year for cake and this year I am going to have a go at making lots and lots different kinds of them. My first bake (is it a bake if it doesn’t involve an oven?) is this fudge that I think looks super wintery. 

Method 
I got the recipe from a booklet that Tesco sent me and you can find it here. 

This recipe was really easy to make (although all the very unhealthy ingredients were a bit scary). I put the butter, sugar, condensed milk and syrup into a pan then melted everything and brought it to the boil. As the mixture boiled (for about 8 mins) it thickened and turned a darker colour. I had to keep stirring though so that it didn’t stick to the bottom and burn. 

I then mixed in the broken biscuits (just like a cheesecake base) and put the mixture into a greased tin. Mini marshmallows were put on top and pressed into the mix and then everything was covered in a dribble of while chocolate. The fudge then went into the fridge to set. 

Results 
I really liked this fudge, although it was so very sweet that you couldn’t have lots in one go. I thought it tasted yummy and also looked great. I am thinking of adding cranberries or maybe even glitter for a more grown up feel and using it as a Christmas gift.

Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment