Friday 5 April 2013

March Madness

I have been busy with all things Guiding recently, and baking has popped up in all manner places. At the Lancs NW training day I helped out with a cake stall in aid of my upcoming trip to Berlin. We sold LOADS of cake and my cookies and rocky road went down well. It was my first go at baking in my new oven and I have found it is a bit trickier than my last one. I think I will have to get a thermometer as I think it might be lying about its temperature.

I gained my Senior Section Permit by holding an activity weekend at Guy’s Farm last month too. The snowy weather didn’t deter us and we made a snowman as well as some yummy looking cupcakes. Some of the decoration that the group did was spectacular!

Finally, all my groups combined baking with Easter. The Brownies and Guides went for chocolate nests while the Young Leaders produced some fantastic chocolate brownies. At the last minute we added crème eggs on the top, and despite me not really liking them that much normally, they melted into a gooey and tasty topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment