Monday 28 October 2013

Chocolate Chip Shortbread



Another bake on my list of basics is shortbread. I decided to make them a little more interesting by adding some chocolate chips.

Method
I used this recipe by Dr Oetker that used just butter, sugar, flour and chocolate chips.

Results
This bake was a bit of a disaster from the very start. I didn’t have enough plain flour so had to use half self-raising. Then my mixture was VERY short. It was so crumbly that I gave up on ever being able to roll it out and instead squished it into a square tin. I left it to firm up a bit in the fridge before putting it in to bake. Because I had free styled it a bit with the form (tin vs rounds) I had no idea how long it needed. I think I left it in too long as the shortbread was looking on the brown side of golden when I took it out. The shortbread tasted ok, if a little over done but was very dry and crumbly still. I didn’t really enjoy eating my biscuits.

Next time I’ll make sure I have all the ingredients before setting off and I will make more effort to get a nice dough at the start.

Score: 3/10

Soundtrack: The 20/20 Experience, Justin Timberlake

No comments:

Post a Comment